Benefits of Giving
The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty was created by and for the people of West Chester and Liberty Townships. We are here to help our donors make a positive impact on their community.
The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty offers:
- Personalized Service – We make giving easy and effective, accepting a wide variety of gifts and providing donors a number of charitable options.
- Local Expertise – Our professional staff has an in-depth understanding of the issues, opportunities and resources that shape our community. The staff monitors all areas of community need – including human services, education, the environment, healthcare, the arts and economic development.
- Community Leadership – We invest in the long term and bring people and organizations together, convening diverse voices to address local issues and opportunities. Our business is building community.
- Simplicity - Creating a philanthropic fund can avoid the legal complexities, administrative burdens and compliance requirements of establishing and maintaining a private foundation.
- Tax Benefits - The Foundation is able to offer the maximum tax advantages under federal law.
- Permanence - The Foundation builds endowments funds that benefits the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- Impact - We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on a voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have the full confidence in The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty, we declare that all donors have these rights.
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive prompt acknowledgement and appropriate recognition for all gifts.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be provided with disclosure of all significant parties involved with The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty.
- To be assured that The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty will not share mailing lists with any other entity.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.