Power of the Purse Fund Releases RFP for 2013 Grant Opportunity
The Power of the Purse Fund is currently soliciting proposals to be considered for funding as part of our annual competitive process. The Fund held at The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty educates, inspires and increases the number of women committed to philanthropy in order to strengthen our community by providing funds and assistance to women and girls. Power of the Purse will consider requests that:
- Make a difference among women in the community by promoting volunteerism and effective philanthropy through our pooled resources.
- Encourage community among ourselves and those we serve.
- Educate and increase awareness of local needs.
- Encourage self-sufficiency and well-being among those in need.
- Build a network that is a catalyst for positive change.
- Serve the Butler/Warren communities.
To date, the Power of the Purse Fund has awarded more than $50,000 to area non-profit organizations. Requests will be reviewed by the Power of the Purse membership and the 3 top proposal will present to the membership their proposal.. Grants will be awarded at their Annual Grant Gala at the end of the year.
If interested in submitting a request for funding in 2013, please visit The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty website at www.wclfoundation.com/powerpurse.asp to download the RFP.. Requests must be received by April 1, 2013.